Friday, March 11, 2011

Prayers for Victims of Japan's Earthquake and Tsunami...

I woke up this morning to the news of the devastating earthquake and tsunami that has stricken Japan, and just watched some of the stunning footage of the damage on the news. I sat here for a few minutes trying to think of a different word to use than “devastating,” but given what I’ve just seen, there isn’t one. I know I have readers in Japan (and Hawaii, where they are now under a tsunami warning)… if those people still have electricity and are able to read this, please know we’re keeping Japan, and anyplace that is ultimately affected by this, in our prayers over here. Feel free to post a comment and let “us” know how you’re doing.

And of course, the World Championships are supposed to take place in Tokyo in a matter of days… I will pass along any news of that event’s status as soon as any becomes available.

UPDATE: You can read a statement from the ISU here.... basically the site for Worlds is still OK, but for a number of other logistic reasons they are still taking a wait-and-see approach.

No comments: