Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Hello Skating Fans, and Here We Go Again


Welcome once again to a new season of State of the Skate, where it all starts with good intentions for posts in late summer/early fall, and it all REALLY starts around this date in October… at least, it’s been this way for the past few years.

Once again there were plenty of figure skating-related things to talk about in the off-season. Adam Rippon’s meteoric rise in pop culture. Gracie Gold on the comeback trail. Evgenia Medvedeva and Jason Brown’s respective moves to Canada. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva’s Twitter feed. Denis Ten. Good Lord, Denis Ten. Still so hard to wrap my head around that one.

And then there are all the things I think about writing here that have nothing to do with figure skating. I’ve probably mentioned them before, kind of like I’ve “mentioned” giving this entire blog a makeover…

But alas, we are just a couple days away from the start of the 2018-19 ISU Grand Prix.

No, gotta rephrase (because it feels much more like this…)

SKATE AMERICA KICKS OFF THE 2018-19 ISU GP SEASON THIS FRIDAY!!! WOOOT!!!!

So, if you’re not clear yet on where to find coverage in these post-IceNetwork times… this might help   .

Want to get a look at who’s competing? The Wiki page for 2018 Skate America is up to date…

And if you’re new here, please allow me to (re)introduce myself with this post from almost exactly two years ago… I don’t think a whole lot has changed!
  
I’ll be back tomorrow with some predictions!

P.S. If you leave a comment I’ll be SO excited for proof that SOTS still gets readers!

No comments: