Saturday, August 15, 2020

#Shea Music Videos that AREN’T Sheree Lynn’s

 Whenever you want a reminder that you’re HARDLY alone in your #Shea-shipping, the confirmation options are pretty easy…

 

                * Come catch up on my blog! (Oh, cool, you’re already doing that. See? Easy-peasy)

2               * Take in an eyeful of the creations on the new Instagram account dedicated to all things #Shea, courtesy of Twitter/blog followers Rose Amelie and Valerae!

3                * Check out some fan-created #Shea music videos!

 

When I featured #3 previously, it was to shine a spotlight on the considerable efforts of Sheree-Lynn Blizzard, who has produced no less than TEN high-quality #Shea videos to date (and hundreds of thousands of views!). I mentioned that I’d also feature an interview with her later in the summer, and in fact she and I are working on that this month… I hope to post it in September.

 

But I also mentioned, in the comments to that SLB post I believe, that there are dozens of #Shea videos out there created by other TGD fans. Some are quite good; some aren’t (which is mostly to say that they aren’t all that distinguishable from each other). The commonality, though, is that a fan of the show took time and their best effort to construct their own #Shea statement.

 

I’ve taken note of close to 30 such videos, and am featuring a handful of them today. Some have earned a small following already, but most of them have “view” numbers to indicate they haven’t yet made it past many fans’ collective eyeballs. I may not be able to help them much; my writing doesn’t make it past a lot of collective eyeballs either (LOL), but… if some of you find a clip that’s new (to you, anyway) that you really enjoy… I encourage you to go post about it on your social media of choice. Let’s signal-boost #Shea fans as much as we can!

 

Oh, and if you “know” any of these video creators… point them this way (to the blog), if they aren’t reading already! And if YOU YOURSELF happens to be behind any of these… say so in the comments and take a bow!

 

NOTE: You may notice that some of these videos are better than others in terms of editing, sound mixing, etc. I did too, but I’m not taking technical quality into account very much.

 

On the other hand, I admittedly AM more likely to include a clip running, say, longer than two or so minutes because I know those generally take more effort to create, and to hold the interest of the viewer. I have made some exceptions; you’ll see those included as “Honorable Mention” videos.

 

ANOTHER NOTE: If you’ve got your own personal fave #Shea music video and it is NOT featured here yet, please contact me privately rather than leave a clip of it in the comments. Chances are good that I’ve already seen it and plan to mention it down the road, but… ya never know. Email is KLawrence997 at gmail-dot-com. Thanks in advance!

--

SONG: “Light” by Sleeping at Last

PRODUCER: Samantha Lima

RELEASE DATE: 3/29/20 (one day before S3 Finale)

LENGTH: 4:23

VIEWS TO DATE: 4,500

 

 

This one stands out for the way it underscores both the song lyrics and the words spoken by Shaun and Lea with on-screen graphics… not continually, but in very effective places. It also makes use of a few snippets of footage that are less commonly seen in these kinds of videos. And while part of me is very curious why this was released just before the S3 finale—scenes from “Hurt” are included; scenes from “I Love You” are not—I think it works well for grabbing that bittersweet-but-still-hopeful-vibe just before the Hollywood North RomCom patrol took #Shea to new heights.

--

SONG: “Rather Be” by Jasmine Thompson (original version by Clean Bandit)

PRODUCER: Universi Fanvids

RELEASE DATE: 10/2/18

LENGTH: 4:06

VIEWS TO DATE: 1,700


This one only contains highlights of S1, but the song’s a nice fit and the edits are well-paced. Includes a little of the Shaun/Claire exchange where she explains “flirting” (with Lea’s asshat and Shaun’s ridiculous sweater comments ahead and behind it, respectively)

--

SONG: “The Scientist” by Coldplay

PRODUCER: NatalieProductions

RELEASE DATE: 6/29/20

LENGTH: 4:25

VIEWS TO DATE: 78

 

 

That’s not a typo… this perfectly enjoyable #Shea video, which is essentially a direct narrative of their story—thoughtfully punctuated with dialogue here and there—has LESS THAN 100 VIEWS to its name as I write this. Let’s see if we can bump that up!

--

SONG: “Dimelo” by Enrique Iglesias

PRODUCER: Valentina Soler

RELEASE DATE: 4/9/20

LENGTH: 3:48

VIEWS TO DATE: 224



“Dimelo” (which translates to “Tell Me” according to Google Translate) relies almost entirely on the visuals and the music to tell Shaun and Lea’s story. But when dialogue is featured, there’s a twist—sometimes it’s in English, other times it’s in Spanish. Welcome to the only bi-lingual music video in this week’s listings! (If you ever wondered what TGD sounds like when dubbed in Spanish, this clip is for you!)

 

--

SONG: “Islands in the Stream” by…????

PRODUCER: emriswizard

RELEASE DATE: 4/30/20

LENGTH: 3:29

VIEWS TO DATE: 467

 

1) 


I ADORE this up-tempo cover of Shaun and Lea’s “song”… but who sings it? If you happen to know, please share your knowledge in the comments! (I know there are apps for that kind of thing, but I don't have them!)

Anyway… this is a somewhat more playful take on Shaun and Lea’s relationship through the years.

 

--

SONG: “Arctic”… instrumental by..???

PRODUCER: Natalie Elaina

RELEASE DATE: 4/4/20

LENGTH: 4:35

VIEWS TO DATE: 50,700



I’m not sure if “Arctic” is the name of the instrumental used in this popular clip, or if that’s a theme the creator assigned to it. But the absence of lyrics definitely allows for a little more focus on the steady stream of #Shea dialogue.

--

SONG: “I Can’t Make You Love Me” cover by Dave Thomas, Jr. (original by Bonnie Raitt)

PRODUCER: M O O D.

RELEASE DATE: 3/30/20

LENGTH: 5:45 (includes a lengthy clip from the “Hurt” episode)

VIEWS TO DATE: 130,000


1) 



This clip—which is by far the most-seen of the ones in this post—is similar to the first clip on this list in that it was released just before the season finale. The big difference comes in the tone, which is, as you might guess by the song choice, decidedly downcast. Interesting that a video that essentially jumped the gun on this couple’s prognosis is so popular with #Shea fans. (And yes, as far as I could tell, the supportive stream of comments was left by fans rather than Lea-haters.)

 

Speaking of LEA…! She is the star of both my Honorable Mentions this time around.

 

TITLE: Best of Lea Dilallo

PRODUCER: Shaun The Good Doctor

RELEASE DATE: 5/29/20

LENGTH: 2:13

VIEWS TO DATE: 918

 

 

TITLE: Lea being understanding of Shaun for 4 minutes straight

PRODUCER: Shaun The Good Doctor

RELEASE DATE: 6/30/20

LENGTH: 4:00

VIEWS TO DATE: 2,700

 

 

Same producer on these two clips, but two different sides of our girl Lea… “best of” showcases her sass, while “being understanding” flies in the face of those who maintain regular character assassination attempts on her. What’s not to love??



6 comments:

Tony said...

Well done Kelli! You pin-pointed some heavy-hitters, as well as some upstarts. And just like you, I cannot give these fine people enough credit for the time and creativity they took for the benefit of fans from all over!

After using one of those web-based music finder apps, I nailed down the artist for this version of "Islands in the Stream". That would be Kean & Eunice. They even released their own music video. But I like the Shaun & Lea video ;-)

Oh, and I think "The Scientist" is closing in on 100. It was in the 90's when I checked it out, and I confess I refreshed it a few times. Hopefully this blog will give it the jump-start it deserves!

As I mentioned last week, I truly enjoy getting to see the insights/highlights from other Shea fans from around the globe. And I look forward to seeing what's to come!

Sheree-Lynn said...

I had seen most of these already but I went through and watched them all. The Scientist was IMO really well-paced and loved the dialogue used throughout. It is wonderful to see other people vidding Shea too : )

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the list Kelli! I had seen some of them before but not The Scientist one which is brilliant, so much content! It had 116 views at last count so definitely on the up and like Tony, I have refreshed it quite a few times too!

Amy D said...

I don't know most of the songs (just "Islands in the Stream" and "The Scientist"), but it's really cool that there's more Shea content out there than I thought! Thanks for finding it for us, Kelli!

SMITH CASH said...

Good day to you all.. I'm here to share my experience to everybody all around the world because I know that someone out there needs this today. I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years and everything was fine with us that we don't have to fight or quarrel for anything . My girlfriend got a new job and after 2 months of her new job, I noticed some changes in her. Few weeks before my birthday, my girlfriend broke up with me for another man. I never expected such from her. I was in severe pain and needed help urgently. I searched for help online and found Lord Zakuza who is a spell caster. I told him everything I was going through and he understood me well. He told me that he will prepare a love spell for me that will get my girlfriend back within 48 hours and he explained to me how it was going to be done and I agreed. He prepared the love spell for me and my girlfriend returned back to me begging me for forgiveness within 48 hours. I was shocked and happy and I accepted her back.. We are back together and everything is going fine. I want to thank Lord Zakuza for his help by sharing this testimony online for other people to find help too in any area of their lives. Get in touch with him with the below details. For he's good at what he does.

WhatsApp/Call/Text +1 (740) 573-9483.
Email: Lordzakuza7@gmail.com

Reeva M said...

Your the besst