Can I keep it short this time? Yeah, I kind of have to. So…
+ Glad to see a clear cut winner this year in Yu-Na Kim. She sparkled, didn't she?
- Not so glad to have to seek out US Champion Alissa Czisny on You Tube when NBC failed to make room for her performance on their broadcast. (Here it is as the Clip of the Day… she finished 11th overall, in case you hadn’t heard.)
+ Glad to see Dick Button and Michelle Kwan partnered up as commentators.
- Not so glad that they only showed up a smattering of times, and most of that time seemed to be spent in Bob Costas pretending he could pull a press-stopping announcement of return from Kwan.
+ Glad to see the “complete package” (Joannie Rochette) edge out the “jumping clinic” (Miki Ando), with both women being rewarded for their considerable efforts.
- Not so glad to see my prediction for gold, Mao Asada, off the podium… but that’s only because my overall guesses proved so abysmal. I definitely think the right people won the right medals in this event.
+ Glad to see Rachael Flatt do so well in her senior Worlds debut.
- Not so glad to see Carolina Kostner’s meltdown. I’m not fond of her work, but no one wants to see someone so off her game, she executes more single jumps than triples.
+ And finally—glad to see so many exciting performances in L.A. with the Olympics less than a year away...
- Not so glad that those performances were all but hidden away online
Now that it has come to a close, we’ll dive deeper beneath the icy surface in the days to come. The suggestion box is open!