Thursday, February 15, 2018

It's ALL Happening: 2018 Olympics (Men Predictions)

OK here's what I did: made a list of what I figured to be, in some configuration, the Top 10 at this event...

Then I added two more possibilities and said "OK, here's my Top 12..."

And then I realized (because I was doing all that without looking at the actual roster) that I'd forgotten about Jin Boyang. Whoopsie.

So here we go. I cut one from that list, and am back to 12. 

Who I think will finish somewhere between 7th and 12th (alphabetically):

Alexei Bychenko (ISR)
Misha Ge (UZB)
Mikhail Kolyada (OAR)
Adam Rippon (USA)- sorry; I'd love to see him finish higher
Denis Ten (KAZ)
Vincent Zhou (USA)- even if he hits all his quads I've gotta think his components (artistic) score will be lower than a lot of these guys

Now it gets harder. Who I think will finish between 4th and 6th, alphabetically:

Patrick Chan (CAN)
Jin Boyang (CHN)
Shoma Uno (JPN)

Now it gets freaking impossible, but I'll take a stab at it:

GOLD: Yuzuru Hanyu (JPN)
SILVER: Javier Fernandez (ESP)
BRONZE: Nathan Chen (USA)

OK, locking it in now! Look for me on Twitter as the Olympics continue (@KLBSt8ofSk8).




2 comments:

nyx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelli Lawrence said...

Haha yes, it sure did!