Wednesday, December 6, 2017

2017 GP Final Predictions


The rapid-fire timing of these competitive events is definitely getting to me.

Skate America ended over Thanksgiving weekend, and my plans for posting about that sometimes bizarre event fell to the wayside when all the writing I postponed over Thanksgiving weekend snapped its fingers at me (if writing had fingers, that is… don’t take it too literally… I’ll move on now).

Then last week there was continued catching up to do (spoiler alert: I’m a slow writer). So still… no SkAM recap. There was some pretty big news about Russia and the upcoming Olympics, but no SkAM recap.

As I turned something in today I thought Hey, now I can finally get that SkAM recap done just before I do predictions for the GP Final! Until I was flipping through my list of upcoming recordings and found that the GP Final starts at 4:30 AM (Eastern Time) on THURSDAY, not FRIDAY. Whoopsie.

So now we launch into Plan B, or maybe Plan C: No SkAM recap for now… jump straight to GPF predictions… AND, because time is tight, no explanations on why I’ve set my predictions as I have. At least not yet.

PAIRS
1st: Sui/Han (CHN)
2nd Tarasova/Morozov (RUS)
3rd Savchenko/Massot (GER)
4th Duhamel/Radford (CAN)
5th Stolbova/Klimov (RUS)
6th Yu/Zhang (CHN)

MEN
1st Nathan Chen (USA)
2nd Shoma Uno (JPN)
3rd Sergei Voronov (RUS)
4th Mikhail Kolyada (RUS)
5th Adam Rippon (USA)
6th Jason Brown (USA)

DANCE
1st Papdakis/Cizeron (FRA)
2nd Virtue/Moir (CAN)
3rd Hubbell/Donohue (USA)
4th Shibutanis (USA)
5th Chock/Bates (USA)
6th Cappellini/Lanotte (ITA)

LADIES
1st Wakaba Higuchi (JPN)
2nd Alina Zagitova (RUS)
3rd Maria Sotskova (RUS)
4th Kaetlyn Osmond (CAN)
5th Satoko Miyahara (JPN)

6th Carolina Kostner (ITA)

No comments: